Zelnick also discussed how downloadable content can limit rapid used sales for new titles, a tactic the developer experimented with for GTA IV but got exceedingly good at with Red Dead Redemption. He said that once core development is done, doing the development for DLC in a high-quality way is a lot easier and quicker.
"At the time we put out Red Dead Redemption in May, we didn't even have a fantasy that we'd be putting out a zombie title [the Undead Nightmare DLC] for Halloween. But we [did], as it happens." Red Dead Redemption has shipped 12.5 million units in a little over a year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One