Shenzhen, 26 September 2011: Huawei today officially unveiled the Huawei Honor, its latest Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread smartphone that features a 16M 16:9 true color high-definition (HD) 4-inch FWVGA capacitive touch screen. Powered by a 1,900 MAh battery, Honor frees consumers from the inconvenience of searching for an electricity source, allowing them to share and connect for up to three days1 on a single charge – the longest battery life among smartphones in the 4-inch screen range. With a 1.4 GHz processor, an 8-megapixel HDR2-enabled camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, Honor is a powerhouse in a sleek 10.9 mm-thin body and weighs just 140g.
"Huawei Honor encapsulates the Huawei brand – it features simple-to-use, advanced technology that allows people to share and connect easily. Honor provides a package of features that elevates the smartphone user experience, including an ultra-long battery life, so critical to the performance of smartphones but yet is often downplayed," said Victor Xu, chief marketing officer of Huawei Device. "Consumers now have a high-performing smartphone that lets them communicate, connect, entertain and share content for an extended period of time without compromising on looks, technology or style."
Honor comes with an exclusive Huawei user interface which is easier to customize and manage, as well as a dynamic weather widget. Honor also features a Gyroscope which enables a better gaming experience. The smartphone is DLNA-certified which ensures interoperability with other DLNA-certified devices such as digital cameras, game consoles and TVs. This makes it easier for consumers to share their digital photos, music and videos between different DLNA-certified devices. The DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) is a non-profit organization with more than 250 member companies in the mobile, consumer electronics, PC, and service provider industries. According to ABI Research data, as of 2010, more than 440 million DLNA-certified devices have been installed in homes.
Honor will be commercially available in "Classic Black" in Asia-Pacific, China, Russia and the Middle East in Q4, 2011. Honor will be released in more colors closer to the Christmas holidays.
- Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 OS
- 1900mAh battery
- 1.4 Ghz processor
- 4.0 inch 16M 16:9 true color FWVGA capacitive touch screen
- 8 megapixels auto focus camera supporting HDR, with 2 megapixels front-facing camera
- 2G Network (operating band) GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G Network (operating band) WCDMA/HSPA+ 900/AWS/2100
- Measures 10.9mm (0.43 inches) at its thinnest point and weighs around 140g (0.3 pounds)
- Support Class 10 GPRS and EDGE
- 3G HSPA+ DL 14.4 Mbps/UL 5.76 Mbps
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth V2.1 with A2DP
- 512M RAM + 4G ROM memory with a memory card slot up to 32GB
- Micro USB 2.0 port
- Assisted GPS support
- FM radio
- Dual MIC, compass and gyroscope
- G-sensor, proximity sensor and light sensor
- Exclusive Huawei user-interface with a dynamic weather widget
- 160GB network capacity CloudDrive
- DLNA-certified enables sharing with other DLNA-certified devices
Colors and Availability
- Classic Black available in China, Russia and the Middle East from Q4 2011 with other colors to follow