Kevin Butler is at it again, this time tweeting a mysterious commercial that teases some sort of reveal for October 5. The commercial tells the story of two paratroopers entering a strange nightclub of sorts and is packed with PlayStation references, including Sweet Tooth's van from Twisted Metal, a Metal Gear Mk. II and a photo of Parappa the Rapper. We're also fairly certain we spotted a PlayStation 9 in there.
Game Informer surmises the ad is merely a precursor to Sony's holiday marketing blitz. It's a likely possibility, though the darkest parts of Joystiq's collective psyche fear it may be related to the relaunch of PlayStation Home.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25