The wheel is even compatible with PC and PS3, if you've got other racing games, and the pedals are also compatible with PC via an optional USB cable. Take a gander at the goods in the gallery below.
(Los Angeles, CA) – September 23, 2011 – Fanatec®, a leading manufacturer of high-end input devices for game consoles and PCs, today announced that the Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel, CSR Elite Pedals and CSR Shifter set are now available for pre-order. Fanatec has partnered with Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios to develop the Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel for hardcore racing fans who demand nothing less than perfection on the Xbox® 360™.
Making its debut at the 2011 E3 Expo in Los Angeles CA driving Forza Motorsport 4, the Forza Motorsport CSR wheel takes the Fanatec line in a new direction with a different look and feel to the familiar Porsche® 911 line up of products. Developed by Fanatec in collaboration with Turn 10 Studios, new features are set to provide the ultimate sim racing experience on the Xbox 360 in Forza Motorsport 4.
Known for their "Clubsport pedals" and in conjunction with the release of the Forza Motorsport CSR, Fanatec introduces the CSR Elite Pedals. A completely new design with improved ergonomics, they make for the perfect match for the Forza Motorsport CSR & CSR Elite wheels.
The CSR Elite Pedals are the most affordable set on the market that use load cell brake technology. With a load cell, muscle memory is used versus positional memory as the load cell is engaged. Load cell brakes are used to simulate the feel of a real world car. With a vast array of adjustability , you can make the CSR Elites load cell brake go from something similar to a street car, up to a very stiff racing brake.
A great wheel needs an equally impressive pedal and shifter set and Fanatec delivers just that. The Forza Motorsport CSR wheel, CSR Elite pedals and the CSR Shifter Set continue that tradition and Fanatec continues to be the only company that brings you a quality wheel, pedal and shifter set for the Forza Motorsport franchise and the XBox 360. This time you'll be able to do it with official Forza branding and a list of new features.
Key features for the wheel, pedals and shifter include:
Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel:
· Authentic motorsport inspired design with premium aluminum wheel and Alcantara grip.
· Force Feedback is handled by a Powerful Mabuchi RS550 Motor that's used in RC cars.
· Additional 2 force feedback actuators are used to simulate motor or ABS vibrations .
· 90° to 900° of rotation or turning freedom.
· Silent belt drive and high resolution sensors deliver ultra realistic steering feel with pin point accuracy.
· Tuning functions with LED display that allows players to adjust the turning angle (90° to 900° of steering rotation), force feedback, vibration, sensitivity, with the ability to save up to five presets.
· Five "Drift mode" adjustments to allow quicker turning ratio.
· Compatible with all Fanatec pedals, shifter sets, wheel stands, and cockpits
· Also compatible with the PlayStation 3 and PC.
CSR Elite Pedal Set:
· Made completely of premium aluminum, the gas, brake and clutch pedals have improved rigidity and feel
· Pressure sensitive Load Cell technology is used for the brake pedal to simulate the feel of a real world car.
· Fully adjustable pedal positions both vertically and horizontally. Also able to adjust spring tension and pedal angle
· First pedal set to offer optional inversion kit. Owners can invert all or just the pedals they prefer to better fit their driving style.
· Ability to easily remove pedals from base and install in cockpits or stands
· Compatible with Fanatec Porsche 911 wheels (except original 911 Turbo)
· Can be used in conjunction with ANY wheel on the PC by using optional USB port
· High 10-bit resolution (1024 values) when used on the PC with optional USB port
CSR Shifter Set:
· Authentic 6-speed H-pattern shifting plus reverse
· Sequential shifter included
· Bigger design for better grip and feel
· Premium metal construction
· Can be mounted on left or right side of steering wheel
· Compatible with Fanatec Porsche 911 wheels
Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel: USA $249.95 - EU €249.95
CSR Elite Pedal Set : USA $149.95 - EU €149.95
CSR Shifter Set : USA $59.95 - EU €59.95
*note: USA Prices do not include local sales tax. EU prices include VAT
The Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel, Pedal and Shifter sets are available at the Fanatec web-shop located at http://www.fanatec.com, while supplies last.
Fanatec is a leading brand of high-end input devices for game consoles (PlayStation® 2/PlayStation® 3/Xbox®/Xbox® 360™) and PCs. Designed and manufactured by parent company ENDOR AG, the brand's focus is centered solely on offering highly innovative and highly functional products designed to enhance and maximize the gaming experience. The brand is sold in Asia, Australia and Europe through distributors and in the U.S. directly through its ENDOR AG USA LLC subsidiary. Headquartered in Landshut, Germany, ENDOR AG was founded in 1997. To learn more about the Fanatec lineup of products, visit www.fanatec.com or visit the community website at www.911wheel.com
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22