"Do you know any swear word in a foreign language? German, French, Polish? When you say it out loud, no biggie, right? Not a problem to use it during a family dinner, I assume?" Adrian Chmielarz, creative director at People Can Fly told the magazine.
He explains the swearing in Bulletstorm was just "exotic and fun" to them, and publisher Epic let the studio run with it, not realizing that they'd gone beyond their own intentions. The developer didn't realize the power of the words.
"It was only at the end of the development," Chmielarz remarks. "When I read the Polish translation of the game, that I realized how dirty we were. I swear a lot. A LOT. And yet still I ... kind of blushed."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One