A Joystiq tipster by the name of Michel contacted customer service, and was told to provide the following:
- A dated proof of purchase (receipt, invoice) showing the purchase of a NEW copy of the game (not a rented or used copy, nor a copy purchased from eBay)
- Your gamertag for Xbox Live, or your profile for the PSN
- Your email address
- A scan or digital picture of the package and game disc(s)
- A scan or digital picture of the code sheet (both sides).
And this isn't the first time that Online Pass has caused problems for the users it was meant to reward. Driver: San Francisco also ran into problems with missing redemption codes. Dirt 3 purchasers were unable to redeem their online passes while PSN was down earlier this year, and the developers were unable to disable the requirement, as it was hard coded into the game. Before that, Xbox Live Silver members ran into trouble downloading extra content promised for new copies of Dead Space 2.
We'd like to ask if Online Pass is more trouble to publishers than it's worth, but unfortunately we already know the answer.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One