The flip cover shows Catherine, a mysterious and illicit temptation for the protagonist. Reverse it and you'll find Katherine, his long-term girlfriend that's making a move toward marriage. "This way consumers will get the opportunity to select their personal preference," Deep Silver says, "as to which of the women in his life the game's main character, Vincent, should choose." If your game cases are proudly displayed in the living room, we suggest you go with the K-lady.
Flip cover for action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine lets gamers decide their preferred fate for the main character
24th November 2011 - Hampshire, UK/... Deep Silver today announced that the complete first edition of the action-adventure/puzzle mix Catherine will feature a special flip cover sporting one of the two female love interests in the game on each side.
This way consumers will get the opportunity to select their personal preference as to which of the women in his life the game's main character, Vincent, should choose: Either Katherine, his long time partner who wants him to marry her, or the alluring and sexy Catherine, who he has just spent the night with.
Catherine will be released in February 2012 in PAL territories for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Catherine will feature localised text in French, Italian, German and Spanish.
Vincent likes his girlfriend. Katherine's pretty, smart, and successful. Trouble is, she's starting to talk about long-term commitment, something Vincent's spent his entire life avoiding. Since romantic complications are the last thing he wants to deal with, Vincent meets his friends for their regular night of drinks. Little does he know that he's about to be blindsided by a beautiful, seductive, irresistible freight train named Catherine. Suddenly, he's hung over in bed next to the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, unsure about the previous night's events. Was it just making out, he wonders, or did something more serious happen between them? Should he tell Katherine? Will he ever see Catherine again? Vincent's about to find that a stumble on the staircase of love can turn into a horrific, fatal plummet...
· The Horrors of Love - Vincent's waking fears, doubts, pressures, and growing guilt about commitment and fidelity now gleefully follow him into his dreams, manifesting as horribly disfigured monsters and a ticking clock.
· Between a Rock and a Soft Place - The player must navigate Vincent through heavy moral decisions. As in real life, hardly anything is black and white. What is the value of honesty? What is the right thing to do? Either way, someone's going to get hurt. Worse yet, someone could die.
· The Nightmare of Your Dreams - Under the watch of producer Katsura Hashino, acclaimed director of Persona 3 and Persona 4, famed character artist Shigenori Soejima and master composer Shoji Meguro create sights and sounds unlike anything else. As unforgettable and original as the game's narrative, Catherine's visual direction and musical score define and perfectly complement Vincent's terrifying ascent into the dizzying perils of love.
· Escape With or From a Friend - Local competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, in addition to leaderboards, ensure that the many thrills and horrors of racing through twisted stages can be enjoyed by more than one player and add hours of extra gameplay to the overall experience.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires. Deep Silver products are designed to equally appeal to pros and beginners, children and adults.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including own brands like Dead Island, the critically acclaimed zombie action game with RPG elements, the action role-playing game Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, successful adventures such as the Secret Files series and Lost Horizon, the role-playing game Risen and well-known licenses like the Chernobyl shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and Prison Break: The Conspiracy, the action adventure based on the popular TV series. Deep Silver has announced more upcoming highlights such as Risen 2, the sequel to the hit RPG, and Sacred 3. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 15 years of experience in the digital media distribution business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Capcom, Codemasters, Kaspersky Labs, Paradox Entertainment, Square Enix, Tecmo-Koei, and System 3 etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the USA. www.kochmedia.com
Video game publisher ATLUS has established itself as one of its industry's most consistent, celebrated companies. With proven success across a variety of genres and platforms, including enthusiast-oriented games like the Shin Megami Tensei franchise of award-winning, fan beloved roleplaying games (including the hit Persona sub-series of games and the prestigious Nocturne) and Demon's Souls, ATLUS provides quality critically acclaimed interactive entertainment to a wide spectrum of customers.
ATLUS has published games for every major video game console and handheld system, including the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™, DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable), and PC.
ATLUS is a brand of Index Corporation and its privately held subsidiary Index Digital Media, Inc.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One