Mass Effect 2's chorus of acclaim. This year, however, the choice doesn't feel so clear. There were some great experiences early in 2011 with Dead Space 2 and Portal 2, but the end of the year brought us Skyrim and... boy, there's been a lot. What have been your top five of the year?
What's everyone playing?
What's everyone playing?
[WilleeCole via Shutterstock]
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Repeat of last week: Skyrim. And Assassin's Creed: Revelations if I can pull myself away from Skyrim.
- Arthur Gies (@Aegies): Since Arkham City is finally out for PC, I might jump into that, but I hope to play some MW3 multi and more Saints Row as I take a vacation from Skyrim. Also, I need to play with my Inkling!
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): I've given over my life to Skyrim, so ... uh ... there's that. I'll probably play some Battlefield 3 multiplayer as well, but, ya know, way more Skyrim.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): I think it's all Skyrim with breaks for MW3 ... and turkey.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): I'm looking to get my blade soaked in something other than turkey and gravy this weekend with Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): [...]
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I'm out of town this weekend, but I'm taking Mario Kart 7 with me. My family's going to think I'm furious with them, and I might prefer that to explaining to them that the problem is actually that jerk Yoshi.
- Jess Conditt (@JessConditt): [...]
- Jordan Mallory (@Jordan_Mallory): Metal Gear Solid HD Collection just showed up so I'll be spending most of my non-family/food time with Snake and crew. I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): Guys, Saint's Row: The Third is just so much fun. So. Much. Fun.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): Sorry, Skyrim, but this weekend I'm juggling the delirious combination of Skyward Sword, Saints Row 3 and Halo Anniversary.
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I am still playing Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim. I may not ever need any other games again, at this rate.
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): If I get some alone time, Skyrim or Gears 3. If I get family time, Pictionary on uDraw. If I get AWESOME family time, Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops.
- Steven Wong: I'll probably get in some more Skyrim or Batman: Arkham City before getting together with the family. After eating, we'll try to decide what multiplayer game we want to get going.