Of the difficulties his studio faced, the first was trying to create a game both true to its roots and enjoyable to fans of the show. During Obsidian's first meeting with show creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the developer tried to really nail the look -- the exterior and interior of Stan's house was created, complete with his dad Randy playing Guitar Hero in his underwear. You know, from that episode.
After getting the look down, the next hurdle was making it "a big epic game," Urquhart said in the video interview, which you can see by clicking through the source link below. We'll all find out if Obsidian succeeded come next year.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One