A quick warning: all the old Metal Gear Solid: Rising media is still on the site, now labeled with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's title. If you're watching a trailer and there are watermelons or "Zan-Datsu" ... that's the old game.
Interactive Portal To Globally Connect & Celebrate METAL GEAR SOLID Fans
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – December 12, 2011 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced the unveiling of an international METAL GEAR SOLID website at www.metalgearsolid.com giving the legendary franchise a unified global online presence. The website premieres unique and exclusive new features such as a first-of-its-kind interactive game universe and media player featuring the newest game trailers, gameplay footage, and production team updates. The website also enables fans to preview and pre-order the visceral new upcoming title, METAL GEAR RISING, as well as discover, explore, and purchase other exciting titles such as the METAL GEAR SOLID HD Collection.
The METAL GEAR SOLID website will utilize an HTML 5-based platform giving video game enthusiasts virtual access to the action-packed plot from the METAL GEAR SOLID series. The innovative site design will introduce a first-of-its-kind interactive layered game timeline and media player module which will allow users to conveniently consume game media and easily explore the deep METAL GEAR SOLID universe via navigational waypoints, bonus explorations, and the ability to create & share their own METAL GEAR SOLID content and memories.
The METAL GEAR SOLID website has been designed specifically around the fans, providing them the special opportunity of contributing their own content while simultaneously immersing themselves in the rich events, characters, and plotlines of the METAL GEAR SOLID series through two dedicated layers of exploration.
• The first layer of exploration is the METAL GEAR SOLID Timeline, an interactive aggregation of the game series' most pivotal events, characters, and storylines spanning over 200 years. The second layer is the Player Timeline. Through the Player timeline, not only will fans be able to follow and interact with the personal METAL GEAR SOLID memories, favorites, and insights of famed producer Hideo Kojima and key members of the Kojima Productions development team, but fans can also add their own mark to the legend of METAL GEAR SOLID by submitting their own nostalgic moments, uploading their own photos and videos, as well as viewing and commenting on other players' memories in order to create a diverse and dynamic community connected by the heritage of the METAL GEAR SOLID storyline.
In addition, the METAL GEAR SOLID site is designed for full Social Media integration. Fans possessing a Facebook account or a Twitter handle can easily connect to the site and seamlessly leverage their social channels to enhance their integration into the METAL GEAR SOLID legacy. Furthermore, the site allows users to "Like," Tweet, Google +1, or create their own content and share their favorite METAL GEAR SOLID memories.
Metal Gear Solid
Since its inception in 1998, the METAL GEAR SOLID franchise has been one of the most successful game series on any console, receiving worldwide recognition and praise. Having sold over 7 million copies worldwide, METAL GEAR SOLID 2: Sons of Liberty has received high accolades from nearly all major publications and websites. METAL GEAR SOLID 3: Snake Eater, a prequel to the entire METAL GEAR series, followed in 2004 and has sold 3.96 million copies worldwide. Released in 2010 for the PlayStation Portable, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER is the fourth METAL GEAR title for the PSP and has garnered several top gaming industry awards and honors.
About Konami Group
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties. Konami's titles include the popular franchises METAL GEAR SOLID, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami can be found at http://www.konami.com.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One