A new board game that mimics the gameplay of the app will launch from Mattel, along with digitally enhanced toys that interact with your device. An example given details an OmNom toy interacting with an iPad to unlock a special Cut the Rope app. Jakk's Pacific will produce a plug-and-play game console for your TV. It will come with a special controller to play Cut the Rope on your TV.
Finally, there will also be a new update for Cut the Rope: Experiments that introduces a new character and new physics, and adds water-based puzzles into the mix. No word on when the update will launch as of right now -- ZeptoLabs is waiting on Apple approval right now for Bath Time.
New Licensing Partnerships
· ZeptoLab and Mattel, the world's largest, global toy company, signed a licensing deal that brings Om Nom and Cut the Rope from the digital world to the physical through a variety of toys and games.
· This partnership covers two initial products: a board game which will emulate the digital game play of Cut the Rope and a digitally enhanced toy utilizing Mattel's newly developed Apptivity technology. With patent-pending "Active Touch" technology, Apptivity allows kids to take a physical toy and safely play with it on the screen of an iPad. The "Active Touch" technology found in Apptivity toys directly interacts with apps so kids can enjoy an immersive and imaginative play experience with their iPad.
· ZeptoLab and Hasbro, one of the largest toy companies in the world, have signed a deal to bring co-branded board games to market featuring Cut the Rope and its lead character Om NomTM.
· Hasbro and ZeptoLab will first be designing co-branded games based on Hasbro's successful titles.
· ZeptoLab and leading U.S. toymaker JAKKS Pacific, Inc. signed a licensing partnership to bring JAKKS Pacific's Plug It In & Play TV Games™ to market featuring Cut the Rope and Om Nom.
· The companies will develop a standalone Cut the Rope branded controller, the perfect entry level console gaming system for young kids and adults.
Li & Fung
· ZeptoLab and LF USA, a premier branded apparel company, signed a licensing deal to create sleepwear and loungewear featuring Cut the Rope character, Om Nom.
· The clothing line will be available for both children and adults starting Fall 2012.
About Cut the Rope
Launched October 2010
More than 100 million downloads since launch
More than 30 million monthly active users
Played in 125 countries
#1 game in multiple app stores
Available across all major platforms, with new launches in 2012
Larger audiences than most TV networks and other traditional media properties
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6