"As we've stated in the past, we're working very hard to ensure that we're being faithful and true to the heritage of Max Payne -- and the heart and soul of Max Payne gameplay has always been as a pure shooter," Rockstar said. Max will have melee opportunities in close-quarter combat, but otherwise Rockstar has "no intention of betraying that to introduce driving/racing or brawling elements."
Rockstar also provided a brief update on its mobile installment of the original Max Payne, saying it should see an official launch in the next couple months, with a release date to be announced soon.
Rockstar fields more questions about Remedy and Max Payne 3 on its Asked & Answered page.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One