Were you excited about the latest changes that were made to the Mists of Pandaria talent calculator that was introduced last week? Some earth shattering changes all around but who do you think won out? Let's examine!
- Healing Stream Totem Summons a Healing Stream Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 1 min that heals the most injured party or raid member within X yards for 81 every 2 sec.
- Ascendance The Shaman surrenders his physical form to the power of the elements, transforming into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec. Restoration: While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.
- Purification Increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 25%, and the healing done by your Water totems by an additional 50%. No longer reduces the casting time of your Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave spells.
- Riptide Heals a friendly target for 2,405 and another 6,822 over 18 sec. Your Chain Heal spells are 25% more effective when their primary target is affected by your Riptide. (No longer consumed)
- Mana Tide Totem Party and raid members within 40 yards of the totem gain 200% of the caster's Spirit.
Still waiting for those level 90 talents. Any guesses as to what they might be?
- Nature's Swiftness 1 minute cooldown but does not affect Mass Entanglement.
- Dream of Cenarius Non-instant casts of Nourish, Healing Touch, and Regrowth increase the damage done by your next damaging spell or ability by 30%. The bonus lasts 30 seconds and cannot be gained more than once every 30 seconds.
- Remove Corruption Removes all poison and curse effects on a target but has an 8 second cooldown.
- Innervate Regenerates 10% of the caster's maximum mana over 10 seconds and an additional 10% if cast on the druid.
- Symbiosis May not be cast on other druids and the effect is lost if the linked targets are too far apart.
- Aessina's Blessing Grants a benefit which varies by your combat specialization. For resto druids: You gain 50% haste for your next spell when you cast Swiftmend.
- Spirit Shell now lasts until cancelled, up from 8 sec.
- Rapture now triggers off of dispels in addition to being completely absorbed.
- Greater Heal cast time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec.
- Heal cast time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec.
- Eternal Flame: Consumes all Holy Power to place a protective Holy flame on the target, which heals them for 2404 per charge of Holy Power every 3 sec for 30 seconds.
- Sacred Shield: Protects the target with a shield of Holy light for 30 sec, which increases the critical chance of your Word of Glory on the target by 30%. The shield also absorbs 5 353 damage when the target takes damage, but no more than once every 6 sec. Can be active only on one target at a time.
- Hand of Purity: Places a hand on the friendly target, reducing the damage of harmful periodic effects by 70% for 6 sec.
- Unbreakable Spirit: When your Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Lay on Hands are on cooldown, spending Holy Power will reduce the remaining cooldown by 1% per Holy Power spent, up to a maximum of 50% reduction.
- Holy Prism: Sends a beam of light toward a target, turning them into a prism of Holy energy. If an ally is the prism, they are healed for 3509 and radiate 527 Holy damage to 5 nearby enemies within 10 yards.
- Light's Hammer: Hurl a Light-infused hammer into the ground, where it will blast a 10 yard area with Holy magic for 15 sec. Allies within the area are are healed for 6 every 2 sec while enemies take 6 Holy damage every 2 sec.
- Selfless Healer: Now reduces the cast time of your next Flash of Light by 50% each stack instead of decreasing the mana cost.
- Clemency now also finishes the cooldown on Hand of Salvation.
- Boundless Conviction (Passive): You may store an additional 2 Holy Power beyond the maximum of 3. No ability ever consumes more than 3 Holy Power.
- Beacon of Light now has a 10 second cooldown.
- Holy Radiance grants a charge of Holy Power.
- Holy Insight (Passive) increases your mana pool by 400%
The rest of the paladin changes seem to help with Holy Power management. Boundless Conviction lets paladins save up their Holy Power in excess of what they can actually apply to a spell. Hand of Purity seems to be a super situational spell since it only reduces periodic effects. I guess teams will be bringing in a plethora of paladins to counter warlocks in PvP.
Next week, we'll take a closer look at Hagara on hard mode. My team managed to take her down last week on 25 and if you're struggling with her, the upcoming 5% nerf should offer a slight boost.
Need advice on working with the healers in your guild? Raid Rx has you covered. Send your questions about raid healing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For less healer-centric raiding advice, visit Ready Check for advanced tactics and advice for the endgame raider.