The popular Camera+ app (US$0.99) has just received an update to version 3.0 that adds new functionality as well as an API that has already been used by a number of top name developers to add the Camera+ functionality to a variety of apps.
When I say that Camera+ is popular, I'm not exaggerating -- the app is the 10th best-selling iPhone app of all time, and the 7 millionth copy of Camera+ was recently sold. Not only does the app have a beautiful new icon (see above), but it has added features that will expand the popularity of this iPhoneography app:
- There's a new service that allows images to be shared to multiple sites simultaneously with a tap. Not only can you blast images to a number of Twitter accounts, but also to Facebook and Flickr -- all at once.
- A new "shoot and share" workflow. The normal Camera+ workflow involves shooting as many photos as you'd like, and then editing those photos after a shooting session. With shoot and share, each image is edited immediately after being taken. This is perfect for images that are going to be shared on social networks.
- There's now a way to add multiple images at one time from your photo library to the Camera+ Lightbox for editing.
- The Clarity feature, which provides automatic enhancement to images, has been tuned to provide better results.
- Camera+ 3.0 has added new focus and exposure locks that are incredibly useful when taking tripod shots with a Glif or other iPhone tripod mount.
As noted, Camera+ developer Tap Tap Tap has also made an API available for adding the amazing camera and "darkroom" functionality of Camera+ to other apps. So far, the WordPress, Tweetbot, Twitterrific and Foodspotting apps have added the capabilities. If you're a developer who would like to add Camera+ to your app, check out the API information here.
For the rest of you, go get the update now or purchase the app already!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 45
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19