Signal Studios dropped several information bombs today about its Toy Soldiers series, with the first volley announcing that the original Toy Soldiers will be available on Steam and Games for Windows Live Marketplace today for $9.99. The Steam version will be 25 percent off during launch week.
Wait a minute, but Toy Soldiers on XBLA is $15! Not anymore. The XBLA version is receiving a permanent price drop to 800 MSP ($10).
Signal Studios, which notes the Toy Soldiers franchise has had over 1 million paid downloads, also announced DLC for last year's excellent co-op XBLA sequel, Toy Soldiers: Cold War. The "Evil Empire" and "Napalm" packs will expand the single-player and co-op campaigns, having players take on the role of the USSR or Americans.
"As a thank you to our fans, we are releasing a Multiplayer DLC compatibility pack for free," said Toy Soldiers: Cold War Game Director Jason Ilano. "This will give them a chance to join matches hosted by players that have the new content, play it, and decide if it is for them."
The dueling side expansions will be 400 MSP ($5) apiece and the launch codes are set to execute tomorrow, April 25.
Put your foot soldiers, snipers, cavalry, and fighter pilots to the test in Toy Soldiers!
Kirkland, Wash. – April 23, 2012 – The Xbox LIVE® Arcade smash hit Toy Soldiers is coming to your PC! Signal Studios is proud to announce that Toy Soldiers will be available for download via Steam and Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace on April 24 for only $9.99, and to thank everyone for their patience, The Kaiser's Battle and Invasion! DLC packs will be included for free.
As an added bonus, gamers that purchase the Steam version of Toy Soldiers within the first week will receive a 25% discount. Additionally, the original Toy Soldiers on Xbox LIVE® Arcade is receiving a permanent price drop to 800 Microsoft® Points.
The Toy Soldiers franchise has had over 1 million paid downloads, making it one of the top 10 best-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade titles of all time. "We are thrilled to bring all of the action and fun of Toy Soldiers to PC gamers," said Jason Ilano, Game Director for the Toy Soldiers franchise at Signal Studios. "With intuitive mouse and keyboard controls, as well as full gamepad support, the PC version of Toy Soldiers gives the audience the most ways to play."
Toy Soldiers is an action-packed strategy-based game in which players command antique WWI Toy Soldiers vying for control of the trench-filled battlefields of Europe. Deploy an exciting arsenal such as tanks, cavalry, biplanes, and flamethrowers in vintage WWI toy dioramas. Toy Soldiers allows you to take control of individual units or control the entire battlefield from a strategic view. Integrating multiple game genres and world-class visuals, Toy Soldiers is a unique and action-packed entertainment experience.
Toy Soldiers PC features:
• Toy Battles: Play 30 missions in the Allied, Central, Kaiser's Battle, and Invasion! campaigns and lead your Toy Soldiers to victory!
• Arsenal of Weapons: Command over 50 controllable units including Machine Guns, Howitzers, Tanks, Fighter Planes and Bombers.
• Miniaturized Mayhem: Unique game visuals and post-effects capture the imagination and provide real world historical events in a playful, toy-like miniature world.
• Endless Action: Four "Survival" levels test your mettle against waves of endless enemies.
• Bragging Rights: 24 Achievements to add up to 400 points to your Xbox LIVE gamerscore. Ration Tickets provide secondary objectives on every campaign level.
• Free DLC: Enjoy the content of the original Toy Soldiers DLC packs, The Kaiser's Battle and Invasion!, absolutely free.
About Signal Studios
Signal Studios is an independent video game development company formed in early 2008. Based in Kirkland, WA, Signal Studios is the developer behind the hit original franchise, Toy Soldiers. The company is currently developing multiple new IP's across current and next generation platforms. Additional information about Signal can be obtained through the Signal Studios website at www.signalstudios.net
Signal Studios Announces DLC Evil Empire and Napalm for Toy Soldiers: Cold War
The Cold War continues...
Kirkland, Wash. – April 23, 2012 – With over 1 million paid downloads, the Toy Soldiers franchise is one of the top 10 best-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade titles of all time. On April 25, Toy Soldiers: Cold War is back in full force with DLC entitled "Evil Empire" and "Napalm" available for download on Xbox LIVE® for only 400 Microsoft® Points each.
"We're delighted to have Evil Empire and Napalm going live," said Jason Ilano, Game Director for Toy Soldiers: Cold War at Signal Studios. "As a thank you to our fans, we are releasing a Multiplayer DLC compatibility pack for free. This will give them a chance to join matches hosted by players that have the new content, play it, and decide if it is for them."
This brand new DLC will expand the single player, co-op, and competitive modes. In addition, a title update for Toy Soldiers: Cold War will be released alongside free downloadable content to support play with paid content in either Xbox LIVE or local play.
Evil Empire Features:
• Calling all USSR Forces: Your comrades need your help to crush the capitalist scourge! Control the mighty Russian army in a brand new mini-campaign.
• Take the Hit: The new Survival mode, "Trauma", adds the twist of damaging your toy box with every turret you place. Be prepared to bring your A-game, as reckless placement will not save the day.
• Back to the Battlefield: Strap on your gear and get your marching orders as you head out to the versus map, "Muddle." Rule the new Survival map, "Ironfisted", which can be attempted solo or with a partner in local or Xbox LIVE Co-op.
• Bosses, Barrages and Vehicles – Oh My: Take down the American army's all new "Super Tank" boss using the new "Orbital Laser" barrage or the new "Super Hormone" helicopter.
• In Soviet Russia, Mini-Game Plays You: Tired of capitalist pigs taking your hard-earned money? Strike back in this classic arcade-styled mini-game, "Pop-a-Pig."
• Decorate Yourself with Soviet Pride: Don't think you get enough notice for your hard work? Earn new decorations and unlock three new achievements.
• The Heat is On: Roast the opposition as you take control of your favorite U.S. units in a brand new mini-campaign.
• Survival Man: You are the army in the new Survival mode, "Commando." Take control of Commando or Ivan and defend your base without the aid of turrets.
• Return to the Front: Get back into the fray with the all-new multiplayer map, "Fervor." Defend two toy boxes alone or with a partner in the new survival map, "Double Dealing."
• Burn, Boss! Burn: Watch the new USSR "Mi-12 Homer" boss go down in flames as you take charge with the new "Napalm" barrage or the new "Laser Tank."
• Get to the Chopper: Leave no man behind! Jump into your U.S. Rescue Helicopter and evacuate POWs in the high-flying mini-game, "Hang Time."
• Full Medal Jacket: Show off your accomplishments with pride! Answer the call and unlock three new achievements, as well as new decorations.
About Signal Studios
Signal Studios is an independent video game development company formed in early 2008. Based in Kirkland, WA, Signal Studios is the developer behind the hit original franchise, Toy Soldiers. The company is currently developing multiple new IP's across current and next generation platforms. Additional information about Signal can be obtained through the Signal Studios website at www.signalstudios.net.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 90
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22