Apple has pushed a minor update for the second and third generation AppleTV. The update is listed as build number 9B830 but currently Apple has not updated their knowledge base article with the improvements and fixes made to the 5.0.2 software. To update the software AppleTV users can go to Settings>General>Update Software. Drop us a line in the comments if you notice any changes!
UPDATE: The 5.0.2 update apparently only addresses a single issue: one in which caused parental control content restrictions to be incorrectly applied for the iTunes Store in Australia.
- Key specs
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, Other
- Audio services iTunes, Other
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, MPEG-4
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs, v1.4)
- WiFi 802.11 a, ac, g, n
- Released 2015-10