Pikmin 3 is hitting the Wii U, Nintendo announced at its E3 presentation today.
Miyamoto "definitely" wanted to create Pikmin 3 for Wii U, he said. He showed off Rock Pikmin, who are black, geometric-looking characters that Olimar can throw to break things with.
Pikmin 3 is controllable from the WiiPad and using MotionPlus technology, aiming where the Rock Pikmin are thrown with an on-screen reticle, for example. One player will be able to control four leaders using the WiiPad.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18