Telltale confirmed that more games in its The Walking Dead series will be developed after the launch of the fifth and final episode in the current season.
The company's Senior VP of Marketing Steve Allison said the "first episodic game series based on The Walking Dead has sold nearly 1.7 million episodes to consumers in just our first 8 weeks with no signs of slowing down," in a statement to Polygon. Telltale plans on launching the third episode of its current The Walking Dead season in August.
Allison added, "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One