Building Wii U ports cost Ubisoft just over $1.2 million, Guillemot said. Rayman Legends and ZombiU, Ubisoft's "original" Wii U titles, "are much smaller of cost" than developing major titles for the current generation.
"Because, as we've always said when there is such an innovation, the need is not to have big production value but to concentrate on the innovation," Guillemot said. "This is what we are trying on Rayman and ZombiU."
Earlier today we mentioned Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot's thoughts on the current generation's lifespan, noting his opinion that a lack of new consoles stifles creativity. New consoles spur developers to create new IPs and "are important for the entire industry," Guillemot said.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18