New console launches make it easier for publishers to release new IP, Guillemot said. "Our customers are very open to new things. Our customers are reopening their minds -- and they are really going after what's best." In contrast, toward the end of an established console generation, "... they want new stuff, but they don't buy new stuff as much. They know their friends will play Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed so they go for that. So the end of a cycle is very difficult."
Ubisoft's already got one new IP in mind for this year's Wii U: ZombiU, and one new game series based on established IP: Avengers: Battle for Earth. There are also lots of sequels, like Just Dance 4, Assassin's Creed 3 and Rayman Legends.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18