Today Apple suprised everyone by quietly adding Hulu Plus as a channel on the Apple TV. The addition of Hulu adds some serious muscle behind Apple's "hobby" device and puts it more in league with other multimedia streaming boxes like Roku and Xbox 360.
No doubt Apple will continue adding channels in the future (perhaps leading up to a "real" Apple television), but we here at TUAW want to know what your choice is for the next video channel Apple adds to the Apple TV. Sure, ideally Apple would add all these channels, but let's say they could only add one. Which would you choose?
(Keep in mind that some of the choices below, like the current channel options on Apple TV, would most likely only be available in specific geographic territories.)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16