In the mode, two players can serve as Shoutcasters – otherwise known as commentators – for a multiplayer match. Though inspired by the eSports crowd, the mode is available to all. Players can shoutcast games live as they are taking place or add commentary to games saved in the Theater mode of Black Ops 2.
Delayed livestreams can be activated from the menu at any time, feeding the game to a web browser for anyone on a PC, Mac, or mobile device to watch.
In my experience Shoutcasting a match during a recent Black Ops 2 event I learned two things: I'm honestly terrible at it and Treyarch has just vaulted Black Ops 2 to a new level in the competitive gaming scene.
Stay tuned for a video of Joystiq shoutcasting tomorrow.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One