The Ghost Recon Online closed beta has finally flipped its cloaking device to the off position for good. At Gamescom in Germany, publisher Ubisoft announced that any and all aspiring soldiers can jump into the Ghost Recon Online open beta now – available on the game's website. As previously revealed, the game is a free-to-play shooter set in the Ghost Recon universe, and because it's free-to-play, this release essentially means the game is out, though obviously the dev team will continue to work on it going forward.
They'll also continue to work on the Wii U version, revealed by Nintendo and presumably due out with the new console later on this year. Meanwhile, you can play the PC version to your heart's content, and celebrate by watching the launch trailer above.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18