Sony only kind of announced Tokyo Jungle for North America at E3, but now we have an official release date for the animal survival adventure: September 25. The price is $14.99, which is much, much cheaper than the ¥3,900 ($49) asking price in Japan.
In case you missed our coverage, Tokyo Jungle is an oddly fascinating game in which you control one of 50 different animals – ranging from a chick to a dinosaur – trying to survive, find food, and mate in a ruined, post-apocalyptic Tokyo. A story mode takes you through the lives of a set of animals "whose lives are intertwined as they struggle to survive in the Tokyo wilderness, while unraveling the mystery of mankind's disappearance." In Survival Mode, you stay alive for as many generations as you can, hunting (or foraging), claiming territory, and avoiding larger predators.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25