The news confirms a rumor from last month, when a Treyarch QA tester mentioned the Wii U platform on his LinkedIn profile. Stay tuned to Joystiq for more news from the upcoming international press conferences.
Update: Unsurprisingly, the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 will utilize the unique features of the console, it was revealed during Nintendo's press conference. For one, the second screen can be used for the game's mini-map, to activate score streaks and even to change their loadout mid-game.
More interesting, the GamePad can be used as an entire second screen in two-player modes, allowing one player to play on the TV screen, and the other to play on the GamePad. Solo players can also play via the GamePad instead of the TV, meaning mom will be free to watch her "stories" while you rack up headshots.
See a shot of the second screen feature after the break.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18