When asked if he hoped that All Star Battle, the new JoJo's fighter being developed for Namco, would be accepted by the competitive fighting game community (or if that was even a goal for the project), Matsuyama responded via translator that he "actually prefers JoJo to become a game that casual users can pick up and play, because if you appeal to the 'maniac' users too much, it becomes too niche, and the people who can play this game become very limited."
Matsuyama referred to fans of the JoJo series as 'maniac' at one other point during the event, and at both times the term was said with a cheerful inflection. Here's hoping that the director's goal of creating an accessible fighting game involves making it accessible in countries that aren't Japan.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25