While you could easily just transmogrify your gear to any of your favorite sets, let's face it -- you're in a strange new land, one full of mystery and untold adventure. And it's also full of some of the nicest fashions a diehard transmogrification fan could ask for, too! In a twist of utter convenience, Blizzard has placed a vendor in Dawn's Blossom over in the Jade Forest who will sell players that don't have the best of gear some green sets for leveling purposes.
But they aren't just for leveling, they're actually pretty nice looking examples of pandaren fashion. And for a small chunk of change, they can be in your bags and ready for transmogrification, too.
Fashionable Faded Forest
To get your hands on some new gear, simply head to Dawn's Blossom in the Jade Forest. You'll be sent there naturally as you're leveling, anyway. Keep your eyes peeled for Singegruff, the Adventuring Supply vendor. He may not be the best dressed pandaren in the world, but he's got some amazing outfits you can purchase. Dawn's Blossom is a neutral town, so both Alliance and Horde can check out Singegruff's wares and pick up some new pieces.
Faded Forest Cloth
Singegruff sells two different cloth sets, one Satin, and one Silk. However, both sets are visually identical. Since you aren't actually going to wear these items, you're just using them for transmogrification, you can simply ignore the stats. Just go with whichever option is cheapest, which is what we've done here.
- Head Faded Forest Satin Hood 57g
- Shoulders Faded Forest Silk Amice 55g
- Chest Faded Forest Satin Robe 75g
- Feet Faded Forest Satin Treads 56g
- Waist Faded Forest Satin Cord 40g
- Hands Faded Forest Satin Gloves 37g
- Total cost: ~320g
Faded Forest Leather
As with cloth, Singegruff sells two different types of leather gear. One is a set labelled Leather, and the other is a Hide set suitable for druid casters. Although the hide gear is supposedly defined by a set of "robes," the robes are really just a leather chestpiece that looks identical to the leather set version. Once again, we're picking and choosing between cheaper versions.
- Head Faded Forest Hide Helm 57g
- Shoulders Faded Forest Leather Spaulders 55g
- Chest Faded Forest Hide Robes 76g
- Legs Faded Forest Leather Legguards 74g
- Feet Faded Forest Hide Footguards 58g
- Waist Faded Forest Hide Belt 40g
- Hands Faded Forest Hide Gloves 38g
- Wrists (optional) Faded Forest Hide Bindings 40g
- Total: ~390g (without bracers)
Faded Forest Mail
Singegruff offers two different types of mail sets, one labelled Ringmail, and one labelled Chain. It doesn't matter which set shaman or hunters pick up, because once again, they're identical in color and model. Check the list for the cheap versions.
- Head Faded Forest Ringmail Helm 57g
- Shoulders Faded Forest Ringmail Spaulders 55g
- Chest Faded Forest Ringmail Armor 76g
- Legs Faded Forest Chain Leggings 74g
- Feet Faded Forest Ringmail Sabatons 56g
- Waist Faded Forest Ringmail Waistguard 40g
- Hands Faded Forest Ringmail Gauntlets 38g
- Wrists (optional) Faded Forest Ringmail Armbands 40g
- Total: ~388g (without bracers)
Faded Forest Plate
Singegruff carries three different options for plate, one for casters, one for dps, and one for tanks. Labelled Burnished, Heavy and Armored, all three are identical in color and model, so you can pick and choose for savings!
- Head Faded Forest Burnished Headcover 57g
- Shoulders Faded Forest Burnished Spaulders 55g
- Chest Faded Forest Burnished Chestguard 76g
- Legs Faded Forest Heavy Legguards 74g
- Feet Faded Forest Burnished Greaves 58g
- Waist Faded Forest Heavy Girdle 40g
- Hands Faded Forest Burnished Gloves 38g
- Wrists (optional) Faded Forest Armored Bracers 38g
- Total: ~390g (without bracers)
None of the Faded Forest sets are really flashy in terms of color or glowing effects -- in fact, they're all downright understated in appearance. But what makes these sets work are the tiny details found in each outfit. And because every set is a fairly neutral color palette, you can mix and match with pieces from plenty of other sets out there in game. Just because we're leveling, it doesn't mean we have to wear a clown suit -- the land of Pandaria has plenty of fashion to offer. Keep an eye out for other unique pieces while you're leveling, and soon you'll have enough items in your closet to compose wholly unique pandaren fashion of your own.
Patch 4.3 lets you transmogrify your gear to look like any other gear your class can wear -- but you have to collect it first. Check out our coverage of transmogrification and start running those old dungeons!