I think that if you try for Master of the Ways right off the bat, you will run into problems getting enough Ironpaw Tokens to complete everything at once. There's a rush of tokens that you get at the start for completing the initial Way quests, but it soon drops off to a daily quest reward and whatever you can pile together as extra groceries. It's clearly meant to be completed at a gradual pace, in line with the pandaren's greeting, "Slow down!"
But regardless of the pace at which you wish to gain Ironpaw Tokens, here's the list of how you can get them.
You'll get one token from Ready for Greatness, the precursor to the Way quests.
You'll gain a total of 12 tokens by completing the quests for each Way:
- Way of the Brew and Have a Drink
- Way of the Grill and Strong as a Tiger
- Way of the Oven and Endurance
- Way of the Pot and The Soup of Contemplation
- Way of the Steamer and The Spirit of Cooking
- Way of the Wok and Agile as a Tiger
Once you finish a Way to 600 skill, Sungshin will offer you another quest, To Be a Master, that rewards an outstanding 10 tokens. The catch? You will have to have made all those banquets in order to level all the Ways to finish the quest.
In order to get the 100 Year Soy Sauce for all those feasts, you're pretty much stuck with dailies that reward Ironpaw Tokens or the repeatable Replenishing the Pantry. The repeatable isn't too terrible if you know where to fish. The dailies, on the other hand -- only the Ironpaw NPCs, not the other Tillers NPCs, offer dailies that reward Ironpaw Tokens. Once a day, you'll find one of the following to do:
- Cindergut Peppers from Anthea Ironpaw. Kill a bunch of Hozen to get these to drop. My favorite technique is to AoE the Rockflingers.
- Fatty Goatsteak from Kol Ironpaw. Kill a bunch of goats on the mountain to get these. I'd recommend grouping up since the herd is easily thinned by many questers.
- The Mile-High Grub from Mei Mei Ironpaw. Use the pot she gives you next to the Hozen's bonfire to complete the quest. You might have to kill an elite Hozen or two.
- The Thousand Year Dumpling from Yan Ironpaw. This is the easy one: gather 7 vegetable jars from among the vermin in the mountainside burrows.
- The Truffle Shuffle from Jian Ironpaw. Collecting the truffles varies in difficulty depending on how many people are around you, but you can spam plant all 8 truffles in one spot if you want.
Mists of Pandaria is here! The level cap has been raised to 90, many players have returned to Azeroth, and pet battles are taking the world by storm. Keep an eye out for all of the latest news, and check out our comprehensive guide to Mists of Pandaria for everything you'll ever need to know.