If Samsung took a wrong turn with its brand-diluting Galaxy S III Mini, then the much-leaked Galaxy Premier is where it gets back on track. The phone keeps the outward visage of the Galaxy S III and makes only modest sacrifices in order to reach a wider audience. These include a slightly shrunken 4.65-inch screen, which still blazes away with a full 720 x 1,280 Super AMOLED panel, an acceptable dual-core 1.5 GHz TI OMAP 4470 processor, 1GB of RAM and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The cameras haven't been messed with -- we're still looking at an 8-megapixel rear and a 1.9-megapixel front-facer -- while connectivity includes Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. So far, the phone has only been made official in the Ukraine, where it's been pegged for a November release and priced at 5,555 Ukrainian hryvnias -- an exotic-sounding figure that very roughly translates to $680.
Samsung Introduces GALAXY Premier, Offering Lots of Benefits at a Reasonable Price
October 29, 2012
SEOUL, Korea October 29, 2012 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, unveiled the GALAXY Premier, a smartphone that offers the premium experience of the Samsung GALAXY range at an accessible price point.
• GALAXY Premier comes packed with the latest high-end software features and innovations that users have come to
expect from the GALAXY family. These include face-detection software, voice-activated apps and seamless multimedia sharing, all included in a stylish and refined minimalist design that combines the visual appeal of the popular GALAXY S II and GALAXY S III.
• GALAXY Premier includes many of the intelligent, state-of-the-art GALAXY S III features including S Beam, Smart Stay, Direct Call, Pop-up Play, and Best Photo.
• GALAXY Premier runs on AndroidTM 4.1 (Jelly Bean), offering the most responsive, smoothest, and intuitive user
interface available for mobile devices.
• The GALAXY Premier will be available from November starting in Russia and rolled out to selective regions including
Southeast Asia, China and South Korea. It will be available on 3G and LTE networks dependent on territory and carrier.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 0
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system Android (Jelly Bean [4.1])
- Screen size 4.65 inches
- Internal memory 8 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.28 x 2.68 x 0.35 in
- Weight 4.59 oz
- Announced 2012-10-31