Activision is in the black, with $3.4 billion available in cash and investments, and no debt to speak of, Activision Chief Financial Officer Dennis Durkin reports during a financial call.
"On September 30, we had no debt and $3.4 billion in cash and investments," Durkin says.
Activision cites World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, Diablo 3 and Skylanders Spyro's Adventure as its main revenue drivers: Mists of Pandaria sold through 2.7 million copies in its first week, Diablo 3 has sold 10 million copies and Skylanders was the No. 1 action-figure line in the US for the first nine months of 2012, and topped game-sales charts.
With all that considered, plus the imminent launch of Black Ops 2, Activision raises its calendar-year outlook from $4.3 billion to $4.6 billion.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One