The storyline of the game – and remember, GTA games have storylines when you're not just trying to jump motorcycles over buildings or create impressive piles of exploded fire trucks – follows a series of five to six "mega-heists" (the Guardian's term), and three characters who are all involved with the jobs, and with each other.
In fact, the protagonists spend more time hanging out together than with other NPCs, Houser said. "If you're playing as Michael and you want to play a game of tennis, you can call up Franklin and ask him. You are actually getting to see the main bulk of the story and also spend time with these people off-mission – that side of it gives it a vibrancy that's a lot stronger than with [Grand Theft Auto 4's] Roman or anyone else."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One