Toki Tori 2 was first announced for PC and Mac via Steam, but once Two Tribes got involved with Wii U development and realized it could be a launch title for the console, it focused production solely on Wii U. Two Tribes discusses this shift for the first time:
"Since we're a relatively small indie studio, a lot is riding on the success of Toki Tori 2 for us. We have spent well over a year with everyone at Two Tribes on this single project, which means Toki Tori 2 will be the only source of income for a while to come. When Nintendo announced their plans for the Wii U, we decided early on that the game needed to be on that platform, but it wasn't until we noticed that our completion date and the Wii U launch date aligned that we made the call."
After Toki Tori 2 launches on Wii U, Two Tribes plans to "work full force on the Steam version" for PC and Mac.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18