There's been speculation about multiplayer features in Infinite, with reports of modes cut in conjunction with staff changes at developer Irrational Games. BioShock 2 introduced competitive multiplayer to the series, a divisive move given the acclaim for the first game as a story-driven, single-player experience.
With BioShock Infinite due in a few months, fans are already looking ahead to the series' future on the next batch of consoles. One Twitter user asked Levine if he'd prefer to work on a new IP, or would he be taking BioShock to next-gen platforms. Levine's reply? "Not sure." Maybe he's stuck on how he'll mathematically number the next one.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One