"Wii U is essentially sold out of retail and we are doing our best to continually replenish stock," Fils-Aime says. "Retailers are also doing their best to get the product to store shelves. But as soon as product hits retail, they're selling out immediately."
In November, GameStop reported more than 500,000 Wii U pre-orders and 1.2 million games spoken for ahead of launch. The Wii sold 475,000 units in the US during its launch week in November 2006.
Update: The original story read that the Wii sold 600,000 units in the US during launch week. This number is for the Americas, not just the US, according to NPD data.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Wii console
Nintendo Wii U