In BioShock Infinite, the world of Columbia is under the command of man who refers to himself as a prophet and savior. Father Comstock and his flock rule the streets of the cloud city, but what kind of world is it? And why is Elizabeth, the woman players are tasked with taking out of Columbia, so crucial to the people of the city?
In an interview with Joystiq, Irrational Games boss Ken Levine details the themes of faith, how political and social issues shape gameplay, and how Elizabeth has evolved since we were first introduced to her many years ago.
For more on BioShock Infinite – which was delayed to March 26 – read our detailed impressions of the game's first two hours.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One