Chinese game industry saw $9.7 billion in revenue last year
byJef Reahard||January 8th 2013 at 12:30pmJanuary 8th 2013 12:30 pm
Video games are a pretty big deal in China. How big? According to TechWeb the Chinese gaming industry brought in a whopping $9.7 billion last year, which marks a 35.1 per cent year-on-year growth rate from 2011.
Online gaming accounted for 90% of total revenue, with mobile gaming and hardware making up the remaining 10%. The report also predicts significant future growth for China's games industry, with revenue expected to top $21.7 billion by 2017.
This article was originally published on Massively.
Compare Your Gadgets
Instantly compare products side by side and see which one is best for you!