In 2009, Sega had three games in the Aliens universe under its control: Gearbox's Aliens: Colonial Marines, Rebellion's Aliens vs. Predator and an Aliens RPG subtitled Crucible from Obsidian. Sega decided to cancel one of these projects – we assume through a sophisticated "close your eyes, spin around and point" method – and Obsidian's RPG got the boot.
Back then Sega didn't offer a taste of what the game would look like, but now we have a video of some creepy-crawly creatures from Obsidian's Aliens RPG, courtesy of character animator Danny Garnett.
In 2010, Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart said the Aliens RPG was basically a finished game when Sega pulled the plug. "That's how close we were," he said. "It looked and felt like it was ready to ship." We wish we could say the same about Colonial Marines.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One