A system update based on Nintendo's observations of user behavior and Wii U performance is due this spring. "What we want to do is make sure that when we release it, that we address as many of the different opinions about how people would like to see the system improve as we can at once. We hope to cover a wide range of requests while simultaneously ensuring it's a very stable update to the system."
On its information page for the 105-3102 error code that has hit Japan, Nintendo says an update is due in April. Whether the update contains these upcoming UI fixes, or is just focused on fixing the error, is unclear. But it would line up with the "spring" timing of the performance update.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18