It's hard to believe, but Expand is now nigh upon us. We hope to see many of you in San Francisco this weekend! Please note: if you are planning to come to the show, and want to save yourself a few bucks on the ticket price, be sure to buy them in advance today before 5pm PT. We will be closing advanced sales at that time, and offering tickets at the door at $60 for a full pass, $40 for Saturday (includes the after-party) and $30 for just Sunday.
Read on to get all the last-minute details you need to know...
- Get the mobile app! Save your favorite sessions, check out speaker bios, and be in on all the latest updates.
- Transportation details: Shuttles will be continuously running just steps away from the Embarcadero BART station. Meet the bus at the corner of Market and Spear Streets. You can also catch a shuttle from Le Meridien Hotel, in the white loading zone on Battery Street. Busses will be returning to both locations from Fort Mason throughout both days. Shuttles will be in service on Saturday, March 16 from 7:00am through midnight and on Sunday, March 17 from 7:00am to 7:00pm (all times are PT). The buses will be running every 10-15 minutes between 7-10am and 4-7pm peak hours, and every 20-25 minutes during non-peak hours (this information is also available at the top of our agenda and in the mobile app).
- After-party: The Saturday after-party is being held at Fort Mason from 8:00pm until midnight. We'll have food trucks outside for dinner after the last Saturday session wraps at 6:00pm, and we encourage you to explore the exhibition hall as well while we prepare the party goodness. We'll have classic arcade and modern console games on offer, plus an open bar and live spinning from DJ Kevy Kev.
- Sunday run info: The annual Emerald Across the Bay race will take place on the morning of Sunday, March 17. Street closures will affect parking in the area and gaining access to Fort Mason. Add extra time to your commute to avoid delays. You can find the race route here. Normal traffic flow should resume by 10:30am.
- Giveaways: Don't miss our mad assortment of giveaways! You'll get a raffle ticket at registration, and an additional chance to win if you sign up for our newsletter. Look for the individual giveaway times in the mobile app, and if you're a winner you'll be able to pick up your prize at the registration desk.
- Insert Coin voting: The final voting for a total of $25,000 in winnings will kick off at 7:00am PT on Saturday, March 16 and remain open through 5:40pm PT on Sunday as our Awards ceremony gets underway. Make sure to get your vote in during the duration of our show!
- Session polls: Check the Session Polls & Feedback tab in the mobile app for questions relating to the stage sessions. We'd love to know your opinions - and even if you're unable to attend Expand, why not watch the livestream (available right at the top of the Engadget.com home page tomorrow) and play along? You can still download the app and send us your answers to the session polls.
- Follow us on social media: And of course, keep tabs on all the highlights from the show as it unfolds by following our social media channels: @EngadgetExpand on Twitter, on Facebook, and on Google+.
See you at Expand!