Flipboard has updated its iOS app to version 2.0. The popular RSS and social media reader allows users to collect feeds in their own Pinterest-like magazines. While there are quite a few updates in version 2.0, the coolest is that Flipboard users can share their personal magazines with other users.
The new magazines feature allows users to collect social media and news feeds in their own "magazines." For example, a user could have a magazine called "My Entertainment" and it would contain feeds from entertainment sites like movies, comic books, etc. They could call another magazine "All My Friends" and could have it sort all their social media feeds.
Once the user has created a new magazine, it is shared with the Flipboard community, however you can choose to make your magazines private. Check out the full Flipboard 2.0 release notes below. Flipboard 2.0 is a free download.
- You can now collect and save content into your own magazines, tap the new "+" button to get started.
- Your magazines are public, but can be made private (viewable only to you).
- Use the new bookmarklet to add items to your magazines from your browser.
- Get Flipboard notifications when people like, comment or subscribe to your magazines.
- Easily email or share magazines to Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc.
- Personalized recommendations for more to add to your Flipboard.
- Search is now front and center on your Flipboard, with new and improved results.
- Faster page-loading and faster flipping performance.