The Wii U system update due next month is being touted as a large one by Nintendo, and here's one of the reasons why. As previously indicated, the update increases the speed of returning from a game to the Wii U menu, but this video shows just how significant that speed boost is.
Going by this video, it'll take almost two thirds less time - from around 23 seconds to just 9 - to exit out of a game and return to the Wii U menu following the update.
While we can't test the update for ourselves just yet, we can and did verify the 'before' video's accuracy with our own side-by-side comparison; our Wii U took the exact same time to exit out of New Super Mario Bros. U. So no, no one sneakily pressed any pause buttons.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18