Over the next several months, SMF will spotlight a regularly updating WoW-related comic. To kick off the series is Contested Territory:
What happens when two small girls from either side of the war meet? What happens when they become best friends? Contested Territory is a story about just that; a young orc named Thook and a rescued night elf with no memories named Kithra. Instantly inseparable, the girls face the challenges of Azeroth together, testing the boundaries of friendship, family and faction as they learn what makes them so similar, yet so different.
Raised by loving but cautious Auntie and Uncle, Aguul and Kross, as well as a dear tauren friend, Winthir, Thook and Kithra learn what happens when two enemies meet before they are old enough to understand hatred.
This comic was originally written in 2008, with the prologue and chapters one and two taking place during Vanilla. The comic is done entirely by hand: pencil, pen, colored pencil, and scan.
Contested Territory uploads regularly on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
This week's comics are:
- Fanboys Fireplace Rock (thanks for the tip, xabidar!)
- Fox Rain #26
- Trigonometry Comics Epilogue Page 13 and 14
- Contested Territory had its last week of hiatus. Check out this sketch of a game of cards, or the original cover, or this business card design. There's also a photo of the physical comic binder and an original attempt at coloring the comic in Paint.
- The Daily Blink Blizzard's Big Announcement, Predicted and Hearthstone Cards I'd Like to See and Hearthstone: The Game for *Almost* Everyone
- The Trolling of Azeroth Secrets of Patch 5.4 Revealed and Happy Easter!
- Lo'meath & Huilii Chapter 6 Page 8, 9, 10
- From Draenor With Love Our New Favorite Boss
- LFG #655 and #656
- Guilded Age Chapter 22 Page 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Teh Gladiators Harvesting the Resources
- DLC Role Check
- What's Shakin' Page 118
- Away from Reality Mounting Tension
- Gratz A Little Shady and In a Dark Cave and Don't Toss the Troll and Interrogation
What's Shakin' will be taking a one-week break next week. If you want a spoiler-ish hint about the next strip, you should read the text below this week's comic (and if not, don't).
The Trolling of Azeroth included an Easter special this week, so if you missed it on your way down the list, go back and check it out!
Don't forget that next week, Contested Territory unveils chapter 3!