I've been slowly learning the Mac version of iBank and had all but stopped using the iPad version due to some quirks. A lot of those quirks have been ironed out in the latest version of iBank for iPad, released today. There are also new tools for setting and working with reminders, plus enhancements for people who have various investments.
After a quick run-through I can say that current customers will enjoy the vastly improved reminders. You can now edit them, and easily add or remove them. The app feels faster now as well, and the budget setup assistant has had an overhaul. If you're a current user you'll love these additions, and if you've never used iBank now is a great time to start (just after taxes!).
Full PR below.
Better Reminders and Scheduled Transactions, Improved Support for Bonds and Options
(PUTNEY, VT) - IGG Software today announced the release of iBank for iPad 1.2 - a major update featuring over 50 new features, fixes, enhancements and refinements. The app's across-the-board improvements encompass investments, reminders, budgets, scheduled transactions, sync, account set-up, stability and more. The update is available now from the App Store.
"iBank for iPad 1.2 takes the experience of using a financial app in iOS to a new level," says chief technology officer James Gillespie. "For anyone with an iPad, it delivers full-powered, full-featured money management, with all the mobility that the platform promises - including updates on the go and instant access to all your data."
Among the enhancements in iBank for iPad 1.2 are:
• better entry and editing of scheduled transactions;
• new ability to post and manage reminders for bills and other time-sensitive events;
• a new budget set-up assistant;
• much-enhanced investment support for bonds and options;
• new ease in adding accounts;
• a new "Refresh now" command;
• and dozens more fixes and improvements for overall usability and greater stability.
iBank for iPad outshines other finance apps in several significant ways:
- An exclusive subscription service, Direct Access, delivers mobile account updates from thousands of financial institutions worldwide. New transactions are downloaded via Wi-Fi or data connection in the background, without prompting - ensuring that all of your finances are at your fingertips, any time and anywhere.
- iBank's attractive iPad interface presents a clear personal finance summary. Accounts are kept in one or more custom "books," organized as needed. With just a tap or a swipe, users can access accounts; get details on accounts, budgets, transactions or investments; change pages, switch books, edit transactions, delete info and more - naturally and intuitively.
- Investment management has never been more elegant. Because the books in iBank for iPad resemble a set of financial reports, it's easier than ever to review trades, positions, history, performance, realized and unrealized gains, market value and more. Portfolios update as changes are available, and users can drill down for security details with a tap.
- Simple yet sophisticated budgeting is a key component of iBank. Schedule regular income and bills, set targets for other earnings or expenses, track spending by assigning categories to transactions. Users can check budgets with a tap, compare current performance to previous months, review old budgets and more.
- IGG's commitment to privacy and security is paramount: iBank for iPad is ad-free. There are no third-party services offered to users. Customer data and financial records are never stored, accessed, aggregated or analyzed in any way that benefits IGG or outside marketers. And IGG never sells, trades, rents or shares customer profiles or finance information.
Among other features, users have full manual editing and entry capabilities, including the ability to split, schedule, categorize and reconcile transactions; the ability to move books between devices; multi-currency support; and many other powerful finance management tools. The app is written to take advantage of the iPad's latest dual-core and graphics processors, its high-resolution Retina Display, and landscape and portrait modes.
For automatic updating of transactions, new users of iBank for iPad have the opportunity to try Direct Access for free during a 30-day trial. Maintaining the service will cost as little as 11 cents a day: just $4.99 per month, or $39.99 for an annual subscription; all options are available via In-App Purchase. Users of iBank 4.7 (now available via the Mac App Store or IGG) can use iBank for iPad without a subscription by syncing data directly from the desktop app over Wi-Fi or a WebDAV server.
The iBank for iPad App is available for $14.99 from the App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore. iBank for iPad requires iOS 5 or higher; for more information visit www.iggsoftware.com/ibankforipad
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16