Apple announced today that its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will be held June 10 through 14 at San Francisco's Moscone West. Get those credit cards out and prep those web browsers as tickets go on sale starting Thursday, April 25 at 10 AM PDT. They will be available from Apple's WWDC webpage.
Tickets on Sale Tomorrow
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2013
CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apple® today announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 10 through June 14 at San Francisco's Moscone West. At the five-day conference, developers from around the world will learn about the future of iOS and OS X®, enabling them to create incredible new apps with innovative features. WWDC will also feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by over 1,000 Apple engineers, hands-on labs to help developers integrate new technologies, as well as the popular Apple Design Awards, a showcase of the most outstanding apps available through the App Store℠ and Mac® App Store. Tickets for this year's WWDC go on sale Thursday, April 25 at 10 a.m. PDT.
"Our developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and we're excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps. We can't wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC."
"We look forward to gathering at WWDC 2013 with the incredible community of iOS and OS X developers," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "Our developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and we're excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps. We can't wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC."
WWDC 2013 activities include:
• More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
• more than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
• the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app's functionality, performance, quality and design;
• the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world-last year more than 60 countries were represented;
• engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
• Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
To purchase tickets, get updates and more information, developers can go to the WWDC website (developer.apple.com/wwdc).
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.