Team Ninja announced a new Dead or Alive 5 project this weekend, and it looks to be a new game featuring the Momiji character from the Ninja Gaiden series. As Shoryuken reports, the brief teaser trailer shown at the "TGN Playse #1" tournament didn't divulge much beyond it "coming soon" to Xbox 360 and PS3.
The katana-brandishing Momiji first appeared in DS entry Dragon Sword, before gracing the series proper as a playable character in Ninja Gaiden 2. Ryu's apprentice then came to Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge as a playable character through DLC. Unlike some of Ninja Gaiden's protagonists, she's yet to star in Team Ninja's DoA series.
When approached, a Tecmo Koei spokesperson said she was unable to comment.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One