The report adds up with WBG Montreal's approach to the upcoming prequel. In a Game Informer interview, DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns explained Origins is about "Batman's initiation into that insane world" of the other Arkham games.
"It's called Arkham Origins and it really is the introduction of what Arkham means," Johns told Game Informer. "Arkham evokes a sense of insanity and chaos embodied in the twisted minds and colorful villains of the Batman universe. That had to start somewhere."
As revealed earlier this month, Batman: Arkham Origins swings onto retail shelves this year; the bat-time is October 25, and the bat-channels are PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC. Companion game Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate drops onto the Vita and 3DS on the same day.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One