EA Canada recently detailed NHL 14's Collision Physics in a developer diary video and blog. New to the hockey game this year are left stick hits, where the speed and momentum of skaters can cause big hits without the use of the right joystick. Right stick hitting controls are still accessible in the game.
The Collision Physics system, which borrows from the FIFA series' Player Impact Engine, introduces more ragdoll reactions to players suffering hits, including the goalie. EA Canada says NHL 14 will also see less hip check spamming and more incidental contact due to the game demanding better player positioning. Likewise, the developer says the system will make better use of a player's individual attributes for keeping their balance and delivering hits on opponents.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One