Uprising adds the Magma, Encore, Vertigo, and Studio multiplayer maps, the latter of which is a reworking of the classic Firing Range level featured in the original Black Ops. The bundle also includes Mob of the Dead, a Prohibition-era Zombies mode map that takes place at Alcatraz Prison.
Today's release brings PC and PS3 players up to speed with the Xbox 360 version of the game, which received Uprising a month ago. Activision has not announced plans to release any of Black Ops 2's DLC for the Wii U.
Today, PlayStation®3 and Windows PC players have access to Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Uprising, Activision and Treyarch's latest DLC Map Pack for the record-breaking Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. Uprising includes four new multiplayer maps, plus "Mob of the Dead," a bone-chilling new Zombies experience that takes players to the notorious prison island of Alcatraz, where four of Hollywood's most iconic mobster actors, including Ray Liotta, Michael Madsen, Chazz Palminteri, and Joe Pantoliano, lend their talents to the game to bring this horrifying adventure to life.
Following the tradition of the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops fan-favorite Zombies mode "Call of the Dead," Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising's wildly creative new "Mob of the Dead" Zombies experience puts players in the shoes of four Prohibition-era mobsters: Billy Handsome (Liotta), Al "The Weasel" Arlington (Pantoliano), Salvatore "Sal" DeLuca (Palminteri), and Michael "Finn" O'Leary (Madsen). All four are serving time in Alcatraz Prison, only to discover that being behind bars is the least of their problems. In order to survive, players must work their way through the steel cells and aging concrete buildings while fighting off a multitude of zombified prisoners and guards trapped on the island with them.
Uprising also debuts four new diverse multiplayer maps, each set around the globe:
* Magma - Set within a modern Japanese village, volcanic eruptions carve multiple paths throughout the town.
* Encore - Taking place in the aftermath of a deserted London music festival, Encore leaves numerous opportunities for run-and-gun, close quarters combat.
* Vertigo - A futuristic high-rise mega-structure located in India featuring dizzying vistas and multi-tiered pathways.
* Studio - A contemporary re-imagining of "Firing Range," the fan-favorite multiplayer map from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops. "Studio" is a Hollywood movie back lot with a variety of cinematic themes that range from Sci-Fi to the Old West.
Fans can purchase Uprising as a standalone Map Pack for a suggested retail price of $14.99. Call of Duty: Black Ops II game sold separately, and is required to play this Map Pack.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25