Join us for the calm before the new console storm. This week in games, Richard, Mike Schramm, and Jess hit a few smaller releases and indie titles. Richard talks Zoombies, Jess hits Richard & Alice, and Mike is on iOS duty with Magic 2014 and Sid Meier's Ace Patrol.
In news, Alexander, Dave, and Sinan kick things off with the almost stealth-announced Gran Turismo 6. Also on tap: Android's new gaming backend, EA's strange, yet welcome, decision to abandon the online pass, and Dave's time with the Nvidia Shield.
Be sure to catch the games segment recorded live on YouTube every Thursday. This week's edition can be seen on the Joystiq YouTube page and after the break.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:52:03 // Intro, WRUP: Richard, Mike Schramm, Jess
- 00:52:04 - 01:34:15 // News: Alexander, Dave, Sinan
- 01:34:16 - 01:36:06 // Outro: Xav
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
- Gran Turismo 6 officially announced, available this holiday [update: demo in July, trailer]
- Google Play launches game services for mobile, social, cloud gaming
- Desilets' 1666 'suspended' by Ubisoft following firing
- EA puts an end to its Online Pass program
- Dawngate site points to new EA MOBA
- Nvidia Shield launches in June for $350, pre-orders open May 20
Richard Mitchell and Jonathan Downin
Joyswag: Metro: Last Light (PS3 & Xbox 360)
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to the podcast. Subscribe to us on YouTube. Send us a message on YouTube with your name and email. Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET, Friday, May 24, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a copy of Metro: Last Light for PS3, and (1) winner to receive a copy of Metro: Last Light for Xbox 360.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.