Original Story: CCP Games pulled the servers for EVE Online and Dust 514 offline following a DDoS attack this weekend, the EVE Online Facebook page reads. CCP is investigating the attack.
"With the highest sense of precaution we have taken Tranquility and associated websites back down for further investigation and an exhaustive scan of our entire infrastructure," CCP writes. "We will update you more frequently via our Twitter feed, however, an extended service interruption of several hours is expected as this process should not be rushed."
EVE Online is an MMORPG for PC, and Dust 514 is a PS3 FPS set in the EVE universe and using the same server cluster. Dust 514 launched a few weeks ago, on May 14, and it is free-to-play – though perhaps that freedom is limited right now.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25